Saturday 24 June 2017

Joy


Tunnock's tea cakes ~ a little taste of home.



I've been enjoying Call the Midwife, which is set in St Nonnatus House.  Saint Raymond Nonnatus was gift which I received some time ago after attending a birth. 


Dipping into Cider with Rosie.  For some reason, I've never read this book before.  The prose is delightful and I was transported to another world.


Another hygge book from the library.  How to Hygge by Signe Johansen has some wonderful recipes for creating those hygge moments at home.

6 comments:

  1. Tunnocks tea cakes bring back childhood memories, we buy them very occasionally as a treat. I have a very old copy of Cider with Rosie and remember reading it and later watching a TV adaptation of it. It is so well written and does transport you to a different time when life seemed both harsher and yet gentler too, the cover illustration is lovely:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh I haven't had one of those teacakes in years. My grandma used to have them for us on Sunday afternoons, but over in Ireland we called them Marshmallows. Happy reading for Cider with Rosie and the Hygge book: I hope you enjoy them both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. NICE hygge moments here, Marie! :))) I remember reading Cider with Rosie a looong time ago--sweet book. They don't write stories quite like that anymore. Enjoy all your treats... Oh, and SUPER work on all your walking so far for the year! ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rosie - I agree, Tunnocks tea cakes remind me of childhood too. I loved Cider With Rosie, which is a book that I could enjoy reading many times. Marie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bonny - thank you for visiting. I loved both books. Marie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tracy - they were some lovely hygge moments. I could use a few at the moment, but there isn't much hygge to be had at home now that we are packing again! Marie x

    ReplyDelete