Thursday 10 May 2018

Thoughts of Summer


I’m slow at sharing these little beach huts, which I started knitting last summer.  The knitting part was finished in good time, but the construction took a little longer.  Mr Candytuft kindly built the framework (from cardboard) and I eventually found time to sew them together.


In looking at these photos, I just noticed that I forgot to stitch the buttons on for the door handles.


There is still no sign of summer here - spring is only just getting underway.  The grass is now green, but the trees remain leafless.


It may be a few weeks before it is warm enough for a trip to the beach.  These little beach huts are filled with pearl barley for weight, as I intend to use them as door-stops, once it is warm enough to have the windows wide open.

4 comments:

  1. So sweet ... I love your colours. They will make perfect door stops to hold open your windows on those balmy summer days that have been specially earmarked for Candytuft Corner. xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I do hope that there are some balmy summer days heading our way - it is still so cold! Marie x

      Delete
  2. VERY, very cute these are, Marie! Spring has been very slow to unfold here, and we're only now just having a touch of warmth...beach days seem far off yet... LOL! Happy Spring, my friend ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beach days do seem a long way off. We were just saying this morning, that it isn’t long until the summer solstice, yet it doesn’t even feel like spring has got underway. Marie x

      Delete